Business Development Representative - Entry Level Sales
TapHunter is a fast growing technology startup that sits in the middle of mobile, social and web technology in the beverage industry. We were recently mentioned in TIME, New York Times, Travel + Leisure, Forbes.com and named one of San Diego's coolest startups by Business Insider. We’re building products that help connect people and places in hopes of making the world of craft beer, premium spirits and cocktails easier to explore… and we could use your help.
We are looking for someone with a high level of motivation who wants to begin a lucrative career in sales. The ideal candidate has a vibrant personality, is very coachable, and doesn't need to have sales experience. You will be cold calling and conversing with restaurant managers and owners, so having bar/restaurant experience is important. Most of all, we are looking for a great work ethic coupled with huge ambitions.
Why work at TapHunter:
- Make an impact. We're growing quickly and anyone who comes in now will have a direct and measurable impact on the organization.
- We have vision. We're a team that works hard and is committed to the vision of using technology to improve the inefficiencies that exist in the beverage industry.
- We have fun. Enjoy frequent company happy hours, beer/whiskey tastings and good ol' fashion team bonding. You will have fun. We're an exciting and fast paced company located in downtown San Diego, in the middle of it all.
- Growth exists here. Have an opportunity to grow from an entry level BDR role all the way up to a Senior level Account Executive role within your first 2 years.
What you’ll be doing:
Your day will consist of making outbound prospecting calls to various markets, getting through to influencers and decision makers, and learning about their business to see if our software would be a good fit in their business. You will be qualifying the prospect, establishing a buying timeline, setting appointments for demonstrations, and working with the Account Executives to prepare them for the demonstrations. Your day will also consist of trainings, meetings, and competitions, as well as the occasional team building event.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for anyone who has worked in the restaurant industry and wants to begin a professional career. The experience gained working in restaurants, both operationally and from a customer service standpoint, is directly transferrable to the knowledge needed for this role. This position also includes a lot of training and one-on-one coaching, which leads to career development. Not to mention it's an incredibly fun environment built around a love for craft beer. We have kegs on tap, work downtown blocks from the water, wear sneakers and t shirts, and don't have to work weekends!
- Either 6 months of cold calling experience or 2 years of front-of-house restaurant experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proficient in internet technologies
- Competent with computers, must be able to type 45 words per minute minimum
- Must be able to work downtown
- College degree preferred
- Highly coachable, must be able to take critical feedback and adjust your strategy
- Competitive mindset is a plus!
Compensation - $13/hr and 40 hours/week, with bonus opportunities.
- Days often end with a few pints
- Tickets to beer festivals, tastings, dinners and more
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Monthly parking allowance
- Health/Dental insurance
Work alongside smart and interesting people:
Get a feel for our team and culture here.
Learn about our story here.
Cover letter required. Please talk briefly about yourself, about your professional background, and leave an impression with us. Generic cover letters will be ignored.
Give us a chance to get to know you. There are a few questions as a part of the application process. Please answer thoughtfully, as our hiring manager loves reading the feedback. The better responses, the better your chances!