Software Development Apprentice
TapHunter is a fast growing technology startup that sits in the middle of mobile, social and web technology in the beverage industry. We were recently mentioned in TIME, New York Times, Travel + Leisure, Forbes.com and named one of San Diego's coolest startups by Business Insider. We’re building products that help connect people and places in hopes of making the world of craft beer and premium spirits easier to explore… and we could use your help.
We are looking for 1-2 San Diego based rock stars to join the Summer Developer Apprenticeship and work out of our downtown office. This is a paid project-based apprenticeship.
Why work at TapHunter:
- Make an impact. We're growing quickly and anyone who comes in now will have a direct and measurable impact on the organization.
- We have vision. We're a team that works hard and is committed to the vision of using technology to improve the inefficiency that exist in the beverage industry.
- We have fun. Enjoy frequent company happy hours, beer/whiskey tastings and good ol' fashion team bonding. You will have fun. We're an exciting and fast pace company located downtown San Diego, in the middle of it all.
What you’ll need to know:
- The program typically runs 3-4 months depending on semesters, but often times will be extended for a select few
- Requires 10-20 hours per week in office and out of the office
- It’s a fast-paced program that combines work and fun, what you’ll learn:
- The world of beer and spirits
- Experience working with a real world development and product team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with our Director of Development to execute daily development tasks and long term projects
- Your own initiatives based on your interests and areas of expertise
College Junior or Senior (21+) or otherwise learning software development.
- Computer Science or similar field of study.
- Interest in working with large data sets and mining connections and similarities from them.
- Experience coding in Python a major plus.
- Interest in the craft beverage industry.
- Desire to get experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.